subscribne etxc

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Mental images

I forgot to take my camera with me today so I'll describe two images of the day that stuck with me most.
I was walking back from going food shopping with my housemate. We were walking along a street with lots of Victorian snow edged balconies and porches, and squeaking along the snowy pavement. It was a very bright day with the snow intensifying the brightness. Out of the white light ahead of us a bulky silhouette appeared, and gradually came into focus: two boys of about 12 and 13 dressed up in their hockey gear, carrying hockey sticks bigger than them and clutching their skates. Later I found out there had been an Ottawa 67s game earlier that day. I am not sure if that's where they had been or if they were on the way to try their luck on the canal.

The second mental image is related to my new found fascination with icicles. I noticed the icicles outside our kitchen window were dripping around lunch time, I guess because the sun is on that window all morning long. But later in the day I noticed that the icicles had not diminished, instead they had grown so much longer, and nobblier too! So, what doesn't kill the icicles only makes them longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment